Our Telecommunications Network Interconnection (TNI) group provides complete testing to Telecommunications Network Interconnection regulations to ensure the product will not cause harm to the telecommunications network or network personnel. The GPCL provides design consultation, testing, mitigation and liaison services with certifying agencies.
The GPCL test facilities accommodate a diverse range of telecommunications products and the staff has the expertise to quickly and efficiently guide the product to the market place.
TNI requirements test for hazardous voltages and currents which could damage equipment or injure people. Typical telecommunications equipment required to meet the TNI regulations include Monitoring and Optical systems to International Requirements.
Telecommunications devices connected to a network must comply with the requirements of the country where the product is marketed. These regulations ensure operability, protect the network from harm, protect network personnel, are country specific, and vary worldwide.
Accreditations and Affiliations
The GPCL TNI test facilities are capable of evaluating products to the following qualifications:
- Administrative Council for Terminal Attachment (Formerly FCC Part 68) for U.S. (NVLAP)
Lab Codes: Murray Hill 100275-0, Naperville 500052-0
- CS-03 for Canada (CAB ID# US0147)
- ACA – AUSTEL Accredited
- Europe – Conformity Assessment
- Telcordia NEBS
- ITU Standards
- Interface A - EN300-132 -1 (AC) and EN300-132-2 (DC)
Our Telecommunications testing capabilities include, but are not limited to, these National and International standards:CFR - Code of Frederal Regulations - Title 47
- 47 CFR 68.316 and 68.317: Hearing aid compatibility: Technical requirements and Hearing aid compatibility volume control: technical standards
- 47 CFR FCC Part 68: Terminal Equipment Network Protection Standards - Analog and Digital
- ANSI T1.315-2001: Voltage Levels for DC Powered Equipment Used in the Telecommunications Environment
- ATIS 0600315: Voltage Levels for DC-Powered Equipment Used in the Telecommunications Environment
- EN 61000-4-5: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Testing and measurement techniques. Surge immunity test
- EN 300 132-2: Environmental Engineering (EE); Power supply interface at the input to telecommunications and datacom (ICT) equipment; Part 2: Operated by -48 V direct current (dc)
- EN 61000-4-8: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC). Testing and measurement techniques. Power frequency magnetic field immunity test
- ETSI EN 300 019-2-4: Environmental Engineering (EE); Environmental conditions and environmental tests for telecommunications equipment; Part 2-4: of environmental tests; Stationary use at non-weatherprotected locations
- ETSI EN 300 132-1: Environmental Engineering (EE); Power supply interface at the input to Information and Communication Technology (ICT) equipment; Part 1: Alternating Current (AC)
- ETSI EN 300 132-2: Environmental Engineering (EE); Power supply interface at the input to telecommunications and datacom (ICT) equipment; Part 2: Operated by -48 V direct current (dc)
- GR-1089-CORE: Electromagnetic Compatibility and Electrical Safety - Generic Criteria for Network Telecommunications Equipment (Generic Requirements)
- IEC 61000-4-5: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4-5: Testing and measurement techniques - Surge immunity test
- IEC 61000-4-9: Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4-9: Testing and measurement techniques - Impulse magnetic field immunity test
- ITU-T K.20: Resistibility of telecommunication equipment installed in a telecommunications centre to overvoltages and overcurrents
- ITU-T K.21: Series K: Resistibility of telecommunication equipment installed in customer premises to overvoltages and overcurrents